Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2010

Ode to Orange

I like to think that I'm fairly adventurous with my make up. I've never been scared of a red or bright pink lip. I actually like to pair a smokey eye with a red lip, just because I don't think there are rules to make up. So when I heard that orange was the new red for Summer 2010, I jumped on that band wagon. I had no idea how many orange make up products I had purchased this summer. I've complied a list of my purchases. If you're like me, the thought of buying an orange lipstick scared me to death, but I was surprised to find how versatile and easy it was to wear orange. I've expanded from orange lipstick, to orange lipliner, orange blush and even orange eyeshadow. There are so many different shades or orange that it is very easy to find a right shade for you. I get the most compliments when I wear MAC's Optimistic Orange Cremeblush. I know it looks scary in the pan, but once it's applied it gives me a natural flush and I look well rested with fabulous skin. At the end of the day, if a color doesn't make you look your best you can just wipe it off, so why not experiment. You never know what you'll find if you don't.

MAC Optimistic Orange Cremeblush
L-R: Make up Forever Lipliner 17C, MAC Fold & Tuck Lipgloss, Everhip l/s, So Chaud l/s, Made to Order l/s, Revlon Coral l/s, Korres Peach l/s, Nars Orgasm blush, MAC Coral Crepe Paintpot 


same order as listed above

No comments:

Post a Comment