Search This Blog

Friday, May 14, 2010

Lip Stains Yay or Nay???? Review MAC & CoverGirl


Lip Stains have been really huge this summer. Every brand has a lip stain out there. I first tried lip stains a few years ago with Urban Decay, and all I can remember is that I hated it. You may even remember that Revlon came out with lip stains about five years ago, but they must not have done well since they lasted less than a season. I decided to attempt lipstains once again and hoping that a lot had changed since the last time I had tried them. Here is my review.

A month ago, MAC came out with their Art Supplies collection which consisted of nine lip stains.
I bought the color Sunset.

Pros: These lip stains have the same vanilla scent as their lipsticks. There was no alcohol smell or after taste that was left on your lips from the stain. It dried quickly.

Cons: I might have gotten a defective lip stain, but the felt tip seems to be dry and it does not deposit the color evenly. Have to apply the color multiple times to get a more noticeable color.

Price: $16

Pro Longwear Lipstain Marker
(picture courtesy of MAC)


Covergirl has their Outlast Lip Stains which come in many different colors.
I bought # 435 and # 430.

Pros: They are rich and pigmented and deposit an even color. It stays on for hours, even during heat and humidity. Stayed on my lips during lunch.

Cons: Has an alcohol type taste while the stain dries. Takes longer than the MAC lipstains to dry. It's a little drying, but nothing a lip balm won't fix.

Price: $8.99 each ( I bought mine at Walgreens during a BOGO 1/2 sale).

Overall, I would repurchase the Covergirl Outlast Lipstains. It served my need of providing some color to my lips during high heat and humidity where a lip stick would not have been able to.







Top= MAC Sunset ( a few swipes needed)
Middle= CG # 430 ( two swipes)
Bottom= CG # 435 (one swipe)

No comments:

Post a Comment