Search This Blog

Sunday, April 4, 2010

40 Question Tag

`This tag has been going around for a few weeks on YouTube. I decided to add it to my blog since I love Tags.
Skincare:
* How many times do you wash your face daily? I wash it twice, once at night to remove my make up and once in the morning to remove the oilies from the night before.
*What skin type do you have? (dry, oily, combination) I have oily skin, which is made worse by the humidity of South Florida.
* What is your current facial wash? Purity Made Simple by Philosophy
*Do you exfoliate? Yes, I use the Clarisonic Skincare Brush
*What brand do you use? Clarisonic
*What moisturizer do you use? I use the ROC facial cream. It's such a good face cream that can be bought at a drug store.
*Do you have freckles? No, but I have many small moles on face and neck due to sun exposure.
*Do you use eye cream? Yes, I use the ROC firming cream.
*Do you or did you have acne prone skin? I don't have acne skin, but I do have some skin problems, such as mild rosacea.
*Did you ever have to use Pro-Activ? Yes, but it wasn't too effective since I don't really suffer from acne but instead clogged glands on my forehead. BTW, my dermatologist prescribed Retinol for it, but my Clarisonic has helped with that.
*Make Up
* What foundation do you use? My go to foundation is Smashbox Halo Hydrating Perfecting Powder. I also use Revlon Colorstay (I jumped on the bandwagon after so much hype) and the Smashbox Healthy FX Foundation and BareMinerals Foundation.
*How about concealer? Mally Beauty Cancellation Concealer in Tan.
*Do you know your undertone color? I believe it's a yellow undertone.
*What do you think of fake eyelashes? I love them. I wish I could wear them everyday, but of course I like the long and thick ones that can be too ridiculous for everyday.
*Did you know that you are supposed to change your mascara every 3 months? Yes, and unfortunately I've had to admonish my sister for keeping a mascara for a year.
*What brand of mascara do you use? I'm currently using MAC Plushlash. My fave is Diorshow, but I cannot warrant spending $25 every 3 months. I've tried L'oreal Voluminous but I think it's too wet and it's clumpy.
*Sephora or MAC? It has to be Sephora. I go there so often, some times the employees think I work there. It always makes me happy.
*Do you have a MAC Pro-card? No, I'm not in the industry, I'm just obsessed as if I was.
*What make up tools do you use in make up application? A variety, ranging from my fingers to various face and eye brushes.
*Do you use make-up base/primer for eyes? Yes, I use Urban Decay Primer Potion.
*For the face? I like Smashbox Primer, but I am currently trying the new L'oreal Studio Secrets Green toned primer. It's a little thick and requires a lot of blending.
*What is your favorite eyeshadow (color or shade)? Smoke and Diamonds from MAC.
*Do you use pencil or liquid eyeliner? I use gel liner (Blacktrack from MAC) or cream eyeliner from Smashbox ( I have like 6 different colors and I've owned the Smashbox Cream Eyeliner Palette previously). If I want my waterline lined with no smudging what so ever I use Mally's Evercolor Lasting Liquid Eyeliner.
*How often do you poke your eyes with an eyeliner pencil? Never
*What do you think of pigment eyeshadows? In theory I like but they are so messy.
*Do you use mineral makeup? Yes, Bareminerals and Smashbox Halo Hydrating Powder.
*What is your favorite lipstick? It's Hellbent from Kat Von D. I love everything Kat Von D makes. I own three of her eyeshadow palettes, but that's a different question.
*How about lipgloss? I own many Smashbox lipglosses.
*What is your favorite blush to use? MAC Fushia.
* Do you buy make up on ebay? No. Just because I cannot verify authenticity of the products and I cannot wait for delivery.
*Do you like drugstore make up? Yes, and especially this year there have been so many new and improved products. I haven't tried Wet N Wild yet but I hear great things. Also, Maybelline's quads have been nice and pigmented.
*Do you go to CCO's? (cosmetic company outlets) No. I know that there's one about 35 miles aways, however I don't feel like making a trip to that mall only for make up. I've been making a list of other reasons and will visit soon.
* Did you ever consider taking make-up classes? Yes, but instead I decided to watch YouTube videos.
*Are you clumsy in putting on make up? No. I've always had a knack for it, even during my early teenage years.
*Name a make up crime that you hate? It would be being too matchy with clothes and make up. I don't mind having a theme, but when you replicate your clothing to the "T" it can be too much.
*Do you like colorful shades of make up or neutral ones (eye shadow/lips)? I am more into colorful shades, however I recognize that in the work place I have to keep it neutral. In those instances I prefer a colorful lip and neutral eye make up.
*What celebrity always has great make up? I would have to say Kim Kardashian. She always looks flawless.
*If you could leave the house just wearing one time, what would it be? It would be lipstick. It always makes you look more put together.
*Could you ever leave the house without any make up? Yes, kind of. I don't consider Carmex to be make up, so yes. I could leave the house to run errands without make up.
*Do you think you look good, even without make up on? I find all of my imperfections without make up. But I think people in the grocery store or my dry cleaners wouldn't think I look scary. We are always much harder on ourselves than anyone else.
*In your opinion what is the best make up line? This is a hard one because I love so many brands. If it counts for anything, the brand that I have most products of would be Smashbox. I find their products to be nicely pigmented and easy to use. I have bought many of their sets and enjoy every product.
*What do you think of make up? I think make up allows me to be adventurous one moment and conservative the next. Make up doesn't judge me. It makes me feel put together and this is a time that I relish and enjoy in my day. When I feel good and excited I put on my make up, when I feel sad and disappointed I put on my make up. And I put make up on for me, not anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment